I love playing around with the smoothies I make, and it’s usually because I check my fridge, and realize oh crap I have to go shopping. So, I mix together whatever I have left! Today’s Green Goddess Smoothie was born because of it, and it ended up being DELICIOUS & NUTRITIOUS! BAM!
- Handful of Baby Kale Salad Mix
- 3/4 Avocado
- Lemon Wedge squeezed in mixture
- Couple pinches of turmeric
- About inch of ginger root
- About 1 tsp of coconut oil
- About 1/2 can of coconut water
- Topped with hemp seeds
- Blend up the yumminess! (I used my Vitamix)
Macronutrients (*Rough estimates)
- Calories: 399
- Fat: 29g
- Carbs: 28g
- Fiber: 13g
- Sugar: 6g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin’s A
- B Vitamins especially B9
- Also, hemp seeds have a balanced ratio of Omega 3 to Omega 6 fatty acids.
The Green Goddess’s Other Health Benefits
- Aids in digestion
- Anti-inflammatory & great for the immune system
- Promotes Eye Health
- Fights free radicals (Could have cancer fighting properties)
- Regulates sugar levels
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- And the list could go on
We should strive to eat a limited amount of unhealthy processed foods as possible. (I’m not saying that this smoothie wasn’t processed, it was. I made it with my Vitamix, and that is a process.) What it doesn’t have is a shit ton of chemicals, and ingredients that I can’t even name. Go for fresh foods whenever possble!
*Ps. In the picture above, that’s baby kale with tuna mixed with hummus, celery, & more avocado!
Healthy Eating. Healthy Training Everyone!!!
***************Natalie Johnston is USATF certified runner coach serving areas PA, NYC, & NJ.*****************