I wish it was Sunday, cause’ that’s my funday!!! (I know you all started singing along!!) Monday’s don’t have to be so bad, there are ways that you can turn your “Case of the Monday’s” into something enjoyable, and every other day of the week for that matter. Start each day with gratitude, give thanks for what you do have, and start the day off positively. Then as the day progresses, you have the choice to accept that attitude of gratitude through its continuity. Choose it. Go with an open heart, and just embrace your life. We all have this beautiful freedom of choice – choose happiness, kindness to yourself and others, and live each day happy to see the next.
In addition to feeding my soul with thanks, I like to feed my body with healthy food! So Enjoy!!
Orange You Glad You Drank Me?!!
*Makes 2 servings
- 5 Cara Cara Oranges
- 2 limes
- Package of Mint
- Juice Away!!! Check out what juicer I use here!!
I also had for breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs w/ a touch of sriracha & a piece of ezekiel flax toast with 1/2 T of almond butter & 1/4 of a banana.
Macronutrient Breakdown (Entire Breakfast)
- Calories: 510g
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Fiber: 12.5 g
- Carbs: 76g
- Protein: 21g
- Sugar: 41g
*Little higher in sugar than I would like, but it all comes from natural sources, and it’s better than eating processed crap.
If you are an athlete check out this blog on nutrition training!!!
Micronutrient Breakdown & Other Health Benefits
- Orange you glad you drank me, is rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin C, full of fiber, potassium, folate, and lycopene.
- Also, has properties that could lower heart disease, prostate cancer, macular degeneration , immunity builder, and the fiber helps with digestion.
- Protein is also HUGELY important to have at EVERY meal!! As athletes we are constantly beating up our bodies, and protein helps to repair and fight the breakdown of our muscles.
- Eggs are rich in protein as well as Riboflavin, Vitamin B12, Phosphorus, & Selenium.
**Use the formula here to check how much protein you should have each day!**
Stay tuned for my other creations!! Happiness & Love to all!
***************Natalie Johnston is USATF certified runner coach serving areas PA, NYC, & NJ.*****************