Getting in your daily nutritional needs is friggin hard! So, I like to start my day out on the right foot by making smoothies, and you can make them in bulk too which is super convenient and time saving. (Stays fresh for a few days) So I’m going to keep this short and sweet, here is today’s yummy smoothie recipe along with its nutritional info! Boom to health! :-P
Kale, Blueberry, Avocado Protein Packer
- 1 banana
- 1/4 Avocado
- 1/4 C blueberries
- 1 Scoop Whey Cool Protein Powder (http://catalog.designsforhealth.com/Whey-Cool-Powder-Plain?sc=2&category=3797)
- 2 Stalks of Kale
- 2 T Flax seed (http://www.bobsredmill.com/golden-flaxseed.html)
- 1 C Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Maca Powder (http://navitasnaturals.com/product/457/Maca-Raw-.html)
- 1 tsp chia seeds & blueberries to top.
Add everything except the chia and additional blueberries, and blend in your blender. I use a Vitamix. Also, add in some ice cubes to make it nice and chill!
*Depending on your daily nutrient load this batch could be used for 2 servings, but for the simplicity of things I broke down the calories based on 1 serving.
- Calories: 552
- Fat: 20g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Carbs: 88.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 15.5g
- Sugar: 16g
- Protein: 39g
Vitamins, Minerals, & Other components
- B1 (Thiamine)
- B2 (Riboflavin)
- B3 (Niacin)
- B5 (Panto Acid)
- B9 (Folate)
- Fatty Acids & Amino Acids
Safe to say this packs a pretty hard nutritional punch!!!
***************Natalie Johnston is USATF certified runner coach serving areas PA, NYC, & NJ.*****************